Green Valley – Weds 14th Aug
Green Valley today was a hive of activity for, I would have thought, that virtually the whole of the maintenance staff were out in force, cutting hedges, sweeping up leaves, cutting grass to prepare for the Singha Championship starting next week. I just wonder what the pros. will think about the large, ugly areas that are in evidence around the course for, I assume, these will have to be marked GUR. I hope they have sufficient spray paint. The ladies, once again- no surprise there, had some amazing rounds of golf. 39 points , although a good round in itself, only occupied 3rd place for Miss Sasicha (20) with three 1 pointers on the back nine putting an end to an even better round to the day but two points behind Miss Lynn (9) who must be pleased with the final count of 41 points, a 76 gross with 11 pars and 2 birdies, dropping shots on only 2 holes on the back nine. But Miss May (12) won the day with 42 points which included 11 pars and 1 birdie showing how difficult to beat at the moment. Jeff North (10) edged a countback over Arch Armstrong (10) for 3rd place both on 34 points, with three 1 pointers on the way home but a birdie on the 18th rewarded him with 4 points and bragging rights. Peter Terry (20) fell away after the turn with 3 double bogies showing a return of 15 points but William Peach (20) was well out in front with 38 points. Three 2s today going to Miss Lynn, Miss Nu and Miss Sasicha. I would like to offer a thought for the day. If trees are 90% air, why is it that we always hit the other 10%.